Saturday, June 24, 2023

sure, let's talk about me

I have been asked: what's behind The Strong Woman? Who is she when she's not feeding the sexual fantasies of hundreds of men?


Imagine you are on a first date and your lucky companion wants to know all about you, Tina, the very real person sitting across from him.

On a date I am pretty much an open book. Nothing is off limits. You can ask me anything and I might ask you all sorts of questions too. I dont like small talk. I always prefer having deep conversations

your proudest accomplishments,

Passing the bavarian bar exam. It consists of 11 consecutive days of exams and each exam is 5 hours long.

your most wistful hopes.

To get so much in shape again that I can run a marathon again. Last time I finished one was in 2008.

On a more serious note: I would love to change the american prison system. It's so fucked up, I am having a hard time to grasp that people are actually housed the way they are.

Why did you choose law over medicine or engineering?

 I am interested in humans and their feelings. I could talk about it all day long. 

How did you learn to write so well in English? I started to learn English when I was in 7th grade and never stopped learning. 

 

What do you miss most from Germany, other than certain people 

Being connected with nature, 

sitting in outside restaurants, 

going on long walks with friends, 

using real cutlery instead of plastic one, 

people paying attention to the environment and being aware that there is climate change and polution indeed.


What kind of books do you enjoy, music you listen to when alone?

I love reading about psychology and listen to musicians like Udo Juergens,  another song from udo J ,  Roland Kaiser or  Howard Carpendale. I also like Roger Whittaker


Do you have a favourite television show? Is there an actor or actress you just can't watch?

I love HOUSE MD and loved NCIS. I dont care much about Leonardo di Caprio. 

I hate stand-up comedy. It is not funny to me. And it is very hard for me to even  get the jokes because so much depends on a very good knowledge of the american language. And I hate it when people make jokes about anything related to Hitler and that time.


Favourite childhood treat? Everyhing my grandma cooked. 

Meal you most enjoy making? Pasta. Its quick and easy. But I am actually a pretty good cook. I used to and loved to make delicious meals for my mother in law.

Restaurant you love going to? I love Sushi. Going to a sushi restaurant is a sure way to make me happy


What colours do you most wear, what fabrics do you favour? Is there a season you prefer over others?

I dont care much about clothes. I am super easy in that regard. These days I am actually wearing my husbands golf shirts to work and shorts in all sorts of colors. I totally love to be outside. I prefer the summer  because I can go to the beach,

How would you define your political beliefs? Are you religious?

I am religious, yes. I am catholic and got married in a catholic church. But I dont agree with everything catholic, obviusly. 

As far as my politicak beliefs are concerned: I am a liberal.

 


3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your candour. I know these questions must be intrusive and we appreciate you revealing more of yourself.
    Wow, that Bavarian bar exam sounds brutal! I can well understand your pride in passing. Heck, just surviving would be an accomplishment.
    My mother was from Germany, emigrated in 1954, and had a lot of difficulty adjusting to North America. Everything was just too casual for her; as you say, plastic forks instead of real flatware. And she also abhorred anything that made light of WWII and Germany's role, having actually lived through it as a girl. I inherited many of her likes and dislikes.
    I'm not familiar with the singers you mention, other than Roger Whitaker. I had a listen to the links you provided and can see the appeal, but I'm more of a traditional country and classic rock kind of guy.
    Nothing holding you back from getting back into the shape you want. Maybe not marathons but if you want something badly enough, you can find the time and motivation.
    Yay for sushi! One of my favourites but it has to be a good, dedicated sushi restaurant, not some supermarket sushi. World of difference. I never knew my Oma but I miss my mother's cooking, she was wonderful.
    We don't share political beliefs; I lean conservative, at least in fiscal matters. In social issues, I'm more libertarian, in that I have a live-and-let-live philosophy. Don't force your beliefs on me and I won't force mine on you. Nobody is more special or counts more than anyone else. Same goes for religion.
    Thank you so much for giving us a glimpse of the "real Tina".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing what a man wishes, do you tell him what you wish? Or does providing him with his desire, satisfy you? Jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, you sound really hot to me. Your mind is what makes you really great.

    I would go for a lot of what you wrote if I were single. I hope you are happy with your husband. Many men would be excited to be with a woman who gets off on spanking and dominating her husband. If you don't have such a man, you can still certainly find one. There are lots of us out there. (Sorry for your bad luck so far)

    btw I agree with you that House was one of the best shows ever! What great writing (and acting). My wife was in love with Hugh Laurie.

    what's with your concern for silverware / cutlery? Is plastic cutlery a standard where you are? I am in the US and metal cutlery is the standard around me.

    Good luck Tina!!

    (the only place where I differ with you is religion: but that's cultural. People are religious because of their families. If there were one "true" religion, then there would be commonalities across human cultures, around the world, in what people believe. There are some commonalities, but nothing about the creation myth (god etc). In any case, I understand that it's hard for people to let go of their personal culture, which has a lot of religion in it)

    ReplyDelete