Saturday, May 8, 2010

looking behind my curtain

In a post, a couple of days ago, I mentioned that I´d be afraid that some people did get a look behind my curtain and had a chance to see more of me and my personality. At the time of posting that entry, that situation made me very insecure. I can honestly tell, that everything I write in my blog is true. So there is actually no need for me to be afraid of people getting to know me even better. There is in a way no discrepancy between my internet personality and the person I am in "real life". Having said that, I am of course much more complex than it might look like to people just skimming through my page.And I am surely not always the tough, knowing all, dominant woman.    

However I realise that it is an essential part for me to open up as well, if I ever want to find the right man.Only by communicating and talking about my wants, needs, fears and hopes is there even a chance for me to find what I am looking for. It is just so, that by telling explicitely what I would like to have, chances are bigger that the men and their needs do not run concur with my wantings. And that is of course an idea I do not like :-)

2 comments:

  1. > In a post, a couple of days ago, I mentioned that I´d be
    > afraid that some people did get a look behind my curtain
    > and had a chance to see more of me and my personality.
    > At the time of posting that entry, that situation made
    > me very insecure.

    Very understandable. To quote Dennis Leary from an old Lotus Notes / IBM commercial: "There are one billion people on the Internet - and they are not all nice."

    However - I highly appreciate your way of expressing your thoughts and wishes here. I got drawn into your blog because it was so well written, so honest and so interesting. It makes your blog personal and special.

    Please keep on openly expressing your thoughts while having an eye on protecting your privacy.

    Andreas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it will help to think of this blog as a window through which you and he can glimsp each other. But what you find in each others world will alter when they merge. If you can be flexible to, as you said in your first posts, 'adjust the punishments to fit the man', so he will adjust his needs to fit yours. That's what marriage is: two making a new one.

    ReplyDelete