Monday, April 19, 2010

I got it from my grandma

The other day we had a family celebration and a distant cousin told me, he would not remember much about my family, but there`d be one incident he could never forget. Of course I asked him to tell me the story and so he did:

Maybe 50 years ago my grandmother and my gradfather were driving in a car. Actually my grandma was driving and my grandpa was front passenger. This alone makes me smile. You know, despite the fact that we germans do have the greatest cars and the one and only "autobahn", it was not at all common 50 years ago for a woman to sit behind the steering wheel and for the husband to be a passenger.

Somehow they got into an argument. My grandma wanted my grandpa to stop smoking and to promptly extinguish the cigarette he´s been smoking. My grandfather however did choose not to do what his wife wanted and continued smoking his cigarette. Bad decision.

Obviously being a real dominant wife she stopped the car at the parking lane and told her husband to leave the car right away. This time he did not argue, he did as told and got off the car. My grandma however, she started the car again and just left him at the roadside. The poor guy was therefore forced to WALK back home, a distance of 20 km, which is nearly the distance of a half marathon....

No comments:

Post a Comment